Install Modpacks for Minecraft
Rent your own Minecraft server at 4Netplayers.com
Tip: We recommend using an FTP program such as Filezilla.
Note: You may need to switch your server to Advanced Mode
Create a mod-enabled configuration
Depending on your modpack, you will first need to create a configuration for
- To do this, click on Create Configuration in your server overview.
- then select
- and then select either
- then make your desired changes to the server's settings
- do not start your server!
To install your modpack, proceed as follows:
- Unpack your modpack if it is packed.
- Stop your server if it should be running. The status of the server must be
Server not running!
- Connect to the Saves FTP.
You can find the login data in the FTP overview by clicking on FTP.
- Upload the following folders (if available) of the modpack:
These belong in the following directory on the server:
/ConfigID/Note: The ConfigID or ConfigurationID for your server can be found on our page under Game Server.
If your ConfigID were, for example, 123456, the path would look like this:
- Depending on the modpack, settings in the server.properties must be adjusted
- Open your server for editing. Click in the server overview on the name or the grey gear icon of your server.
- Then click on server.properties on the left.
- Make the necessary changes in the text editor on the right.
Important: The entry
level-name=worldmust not be changed under any circumstances!
If you change this entry, your game will no longer be saved!
- Then click on Save
- Important: Please set the correct version for
In Basic Mode you can change the version under Server Settings.
In Advanced Mode you will find this Setting under Commandline.
- Start your server
Note: You can find the "ConfigID" of your server on our page under "Game Server".