How to install mods on my Rust server
Rent your own Rust server at 4Netplayers.com
In this article we will explain how to install mods on your Rust server.
First of all, please make sure that Oxide-Plugin is activated under
Without this, mods usually don't work.
Tip: We recommend using an FTP programme such as Filezilla.
Proceed as follows:
- Connect with your FTP program to the Upload FTP.
You can find the login data in the FTP overview by clicking on FTP.
- Then upload the mods to the following folder:
/configurationID/oxide/plugins/Note: The configID or configurationID for your server can be found on our page under Gameserver.
If your configID was e.g. 123456 it would look like this:
- Once you have uploaded your mods, restart your server.
- Once it is up, please stop it again.
The status of the server must be
Server not running!
- Connect to the Saves FTP with your FTP program.
- If your mods have created configuration files, you can usually find them here:
- To edit, download them, change them and upload them again.
- When you are done with the mod installation, start your server.