How to become an Admin Vintage Story
Rent your own Vintage Story server now at 4Netplayers.com
In this article we describe how you can become an admin in Vintage Story.
To do this, however, you first need to create a savegame on the server.
Start your server and play on it until the server saves.
The server saves the game every 5 minutes.
If a game has been saved, please proceed as follows:
- Stop your server. The status of the server must be
Server not running!
- Connect to the Saves FTP.
You can find the login data in the FTP overview by clicking on FTP.
- Download the following file
playerdata.json. You can find it here:
ConfigID/data/Playerdata/Note: You can find the ConfigID or ConfigurationID for your server on our page under Gameserver.
If your ConfigID was 123456, for example, it would look like this:
- Open the file you just downloaded and find the following line:
- Change the line as follows:
Note: Please make sure that you give admin rights to the correct player.
Note the name under
"LastKnownPlayername": "Test",for this.
- Save your changes and upload the file again.
- Start your server